We’d love to hear from you, but please bear in mind, that we get 10-50 emails per day requesting free advice. Rod is the only one answering emails and he simply can’t respond to all of you. In order to streamline this we require subject line information as seen below.
IMPORTANT: To send us an email you ‘ll need to put the words; PRODUCT QUESTION, PAID CONSULT, INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING or EDITS NEEDED/TESTIMONIAL into the subject line. Choose just one subject line header.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING / NON-USA PAYMENTS:
We do not ship international orders directly. The only way we are shipping internationally is when the purchaser uses a USA based freight forwarding service. We then ship to the US based freight forwarder, at the US shipping rates, and your chosen freight forwarding service ships to you. Many of our customers have reported good success with: https://www.myus.com/ This link is in no way an endorsement for myus.com. Please choose your own freight forwarding service and be sure it is one you are 100% comfortable with.
IMPORTANT: If you are paying from outside the USA, including Canada, you will receive a 2.3% + .72¢ international transaction fee charge from us before we can ship your order. We absorb the 2.7% USA interchange fee but we simply do not have the margins to absorb an additional 2.3% + .72¢ for each international transaction. If you are unwilling to pay the 2.3% + .72¢ international transaction fee please do not place an order with us.
No matter how simple the question, we can’t answer any direct one-on-one questions for free.
IMPORTANT: As of 7/15/2020 we are booked solid. Consults that exceed 30 minutes, are just not possible at this time. The only way we are accepting any paid consultation, during this busy time, is a maximum of up to 2 bullet pointed specific questions that you believe can be answered in 30 minutes or less. You will be billed at the time segments below for these answers.
- Minimum consultation fee is $45.00 (up to 15 minutes).
- Consults longer than 15 minutes are billed at a flat $85.00, then billed in 15 minute increments once beyond the first hour. The hourly rate, once beyond the defined minimums, the consultation rate is $85.00 per hour.
- *Minimum charge for electrical system renderings/drawings (*not currently available) is $475.00 then $85.00 per hour once the $475.00 has been covered.
- We do not consult on LiFePO4 batteries unless the batteries & the related charge equipment were purchased through MarineHowTo.com
- If you are an existing MarineHowTo.com customer, and have a question about a product you already purchased from us, please use “Product Question“.
1) Please bullet point your specific product questions so we don’t have to parse them out of paragraphs.
2) Product questions are for pre-sale or after-sale support for products sold or already purchased from MarineHowTo.com.
3) There is a fine line between a “product question” and a “paid consult” type of question. A pre-sale product question would sound like: “Is this product able to be used below water?” If your question starts with a “How do I?” etc., please use the “Paid Consult” header.
4) If you ask a product question, for pre-sale support, we expect a purchase decision within 7 days of the product support question. If you intend to wait longer than 7 days you will be asked to make a $20.00 donation to MarineHowTo.com. This $20.00 donation is refundable when or if the order is placed with us. In essence it costs you nothing, if you eventually make the purchase. If you are asking a pre-sale question making a $20.00 donation to MHT, before you place the order, will move you up the response list of and place you in the serious inquiries category. A donation can be made here: https://marinehowto.com/support/
5) If you purchased a product elsewhere, and have questions about it, these are paid consult questions, not product questions.
If you see a misspelling, grammatical error or other errors on MarineHowTo.com please let us know. We don’t have an editor and Rod writes everything on MHT himself. He freely admits he’s not a good copy editor. Rod wears many hats so mistakes can and do happen. Have you had good service, learned something new or were able to complete a project & save money after reading MarineHowTo.com, send a testimonial, we’d love to hear about it!